Suggested Group Activity
FreeKidsCrafts.com has a printable to make reading-list bookmarks. Give them to a library, a school, a shelter or a hospital. You can also give them as a thank you to people who donate books you your cause.
Requirement 1: Make It!
Be creative while you learn about books. Make a craft, color a picture or draw a picture about one of your favorite books.
- Make a caterpillar for The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar
- Make a Sunflower for Lola Plants a Garden
- Do a counting activity for Ten Apples Up On Top
Requirement 2: Learn It!
Learn a fun library song.
Requirement 3: Do It!
Be a book helper. Here are some ideas:
- Give your baby books to a younger brother or sister.
- Donate books you don’t read any more to a library.
- Make a book and give it to a grandparent or other family member.
You have earned the
Book Helper patch.
See all our current Helping Hands programs:
Related Fun Patch Ideas:
Note: Many of the links provided to assist with completing our Patch Program®s are external and do not imply an endorsement or recommendation. At the time of publication, external content was vetted to the best of our ability. Your views and ideas may vary and we do not intend for you to substitute our opinions for yours. Research the topic thoroughly before beginning a project. As always, make sure children access the internet only under safe-surfing conditions.