Suggested Group Activity
Make eyeglass holders for the residents at an assisted living facility. Get instructions at FreeKidsCrafts.com.
Some people may only need glasses to read. Other people may need them all the time. Some people are considered blind without their glasses. Maybe you don’t wear glasses. Maybe you do. It doesn’t matter. People have different abilities and may use different things like glasses or wheelchairs to help them.
Requirement 1: Make It!
Be creative while you learn about people who are different. Make a craft, color a picture or draw a picture of yourself helping someone who is different.
- Make paper dolls in wheel chairs.
- Disability Awareness Packet
- Disability Bulletin Board
- Blindness Awareness
Requirement 2: Learn It!
Learn about being different.
Requirement 3: Do It!
Be a person helper. Here are some ideas:
- Bring a thirsty person water.
- Always hold the door for someone.
- Help a grandparent find their glasses and also a safe place to store them.
- Make a card for someone who is sick.
- Be friends with someone who is different from you.
- Offer to take a sick neighbor’s dog for a walk.
You have earned the
Person Helpers patch.
See all our current Helping Hands programs:
Related Fun Patch Ideas:
Note: Many of the links provided to assist with completing our Patch Program®s are external and do not imply an endorsement or recommendation. At the time of publication, external content was vetted to the best of our ability. Your views and ideas may vary and we do not intend for you to substitute our opinions for yours. Research the topic thoroughly before beginning a project. As always, make sure children access the internet only under safe-surfing conditions.