This Emergency Preparedness patch and all program supplies are available from our partner site MakingFriends®.com.
Suggested Group Activity
Thank those who help keep your community safe. FreeKidsCrafts.com has a free printable to decorate recycled containers to make gifts for you local firefighters. Some firehouses accept homemade food and snacks. Others can only accept prepackaged edibles so check first before bringing homemade items.
Download this workbook for younger achievers to learn about being prepared in an emergency.
Use it as an optional requirement for young children to do before the meeting begins.
Requirement 1: Learn It!
Severe weather like hurricanes, tornadoes and floods can be very dangerous. Learn what to do to stay safe.
Requirement 2: See It!
Meteorologists predict the weather. It’s important to know if severe weather is coming so we can be prepared.
Visit a meteorologist or a weather station in your area to learn more or watch the video below.
Requirement 3: Do It!
Participate in an emergency preparedness service project. Here are some ideas:
- Put together an emergency kit for your family.
- Make a kit for a neighbor.
- Print and hand out emergency preparedness workbooks for kids in your class.
- Collect needed items for people after a disaster.
- Collect items for disaster preparedness to give to low-income families.
- Help your community be prepared for a predicted weather condition.
- Make basic first aid kits for kids.
- Do a book drive for books about safety.
Requirement 4: Review It!
Download the optional review sheet for younger achievers.
- Do you think our service project helped people prepare for an emergency?
- Would you do it again?
- Would you consider doing other things to help others prepare for emergencies?
- What else can you do?
Congratulations! You have earned the Emergency Preparedness Service patch. It can be purchased at our partner site MakingFriends®.com.
Does this give you some ideas for earning the Safety Volunteer patch?
See all our current Friend level Patch Program®s:
Shore Clean Up
Related Fun Patch Ideas:
Note: Many of the links provided to assist with completing our Patch Program®s are external and do not imply an endorsement or recommendation. At the time of publication, external content was vetted to the best of our ability. Your views and ideas may vary and we do not intend for you to substitute our opinions for yours. Research the topic thoroughly before beginning a project. As always, make sure children access the internet only under safe-surfing conditions.
Leave a Reply