This Military Appreciation patch and all program supplies are available from our partner site MakingFriends®.com.
Suggested Group Activity
Make patriotic bookmarks for veterans or active service members. Mail them or deliver them them personally. FreeKidsCrafts.com has free printables for the bookmarks shown here.
Download this page for younger achievers to learn about symbols of the United States.
Use it as an optional requirement for young children to do before the meeting begins.
Requirement 1: Learn It!
Our military protects and defends our country. They keep the us safe from other countries who may want to do us harm. The men and women who serve in the military often have families including children. Watch this video to find out more about these children and how it feels to have a parent who is in the military.
Requirement 2: See It!
Do you know someone serving in the military? Maybe a relative or a neighbor? How does it make you feel? What about people who have served in the past? Some of them have been injured or even killed protecting our country.
Visit a memorial or a cemetery that honors our service people.
Requirement 3: Do It!
Participate in a military appreciation service project. Here are some ideas:
- Make military care packages to send overseas.
- Send cards to active service members.
- Send cards to military families.
- Do a diaper drive for a military family.
- Write letters to kids who have a parent serving in the military.
- Bake goodies for troops.
- Participate in Presents for Patriots.
- Participate in a flag ceremony.
- Lay flags at the ceremony.
- Make paracord survival bracelets to send to troops.
Requirement 4: Review It!
Download the optional review sheet for younger achievers.
- Do you think our service people and their families appreciated what you did?
- Would you do it again?
- Would you consider doing other things to show your appreciation?
- What else could you do for our veterans?
Congratulations! You have earned the Military Appreciation Service patch. It can be purchased at our partner site MakingFriends®.com.
Does this give you some ideas for earning the Volunteer for Veterans patch?
See all our current Friend level Patch Program®s:
Shore Clean Up
Related Fun Patch Ideas:
Note: Many of the links provided to assist with completing our Patch Program®s are external and do not imply an endorsement or recommendation. At the time of publication, external content was vetted to the best of our ability. Your views and ideas may vary and we do not intend for you to substitute our opinions for yours. Research the topic thoroughly before beginning a project. As always, make sure children access the internet only under safe-surfing conditions.
Leave a Reply