Download this maze worksheet for younger achievers.
Use it as an optional requirement for young children to do before the meeting begins.
Litter is ugly and it causes damage to our environment. Everyone should know that but there is still plenty of litter on the ground. People litter because they don’t think about it or they are lazy or both.
Requirement 2: See It!
Visit a public area like a park. Take a look around.
Things to Look For:
- Is there any litter?
- What kind of litter do you see?
- What would you need to clean it up?
Think about the park you visited. Does it need to be cleaned up?
Participate in a clean up project. Here are some ideas:
- Clean up the park you visited.
- Choose of different place to clean up.
- Participate in an organized clean up such as with Keep America Beautiful.
Download the optional review sheet for younger achievers.
- Do you consider your clean up a success?
- Would you do it again?
- What would you do different next time?
Why do you think there was litter?
- Were there enough trash cans?
- Were they emptied often?
- Were there recycling bins?
- Did you use the app? What did you learn about the trash you picked up?
Congratulations! You have earned the Clean Up patch. It can be purchased at our partner site MakingFriends®.com.
Does this give you some ideas for earning the Pollution Prevention patch?
See all our current Friend level Patch Program®s:
Related Fun Patch Ideas:
Note: Many of the links provided to assist with completing our Patch Program®s are external and do not imply an endorsement or recommendation. At the time of publication, external content was vetted to the best of our ability. Your views and ideas may vary and we do not intend for you to substitute our opinions for yours. Research the topic thoroughly before beginning a project. As always, make sure children access the internet only under safe-surfing conditions.