Suggested Group Activity
FreeKidsCrafts.com has a printable to make reading-list bookmarks. Give them to a library, a school, a shelter or a hospital. You can also give them as a thank you to people who donate books you your cause.
Completing the Donation Stations Patch Program® is a suggested prerequisite for earning your Community Volunteer Patch. Your experience will help provide you with the knowledge you’ll need to volunteer. You can also opt to complete the Donation Stations requirements during the time you earn this patch.
Download this word search to learn more about enrichment and why it is important for communities.
Requirement 1: Research It!
Take a look at the project ideas for requirement 3 or choose a different project.
Do research to find out more volunteer opportunities.
Research Points to Consider:
- Are they in need of volunteers?
- What do they need help with?
- Are there age restrictions suitable for you/your group?
- Is the location suitable for commuting from your location?
- Is this on-going or one-time?
Requirement 2: See It!
Using your research, choose one or more locations to visit. Talk to the volunteer coordinator to find out if you are a good fit for them.
- Do you need any special training?
- Do you need special tools?
- Can you commit to the needs?
- Are there specific dates/times that will work for you/your group?
Requirement 3: Do It!
Participate in a volunteer project to promote your community.
- Volunteer at the library.
- Teach kids to read music.
- Give painting lessons at the senior center.
- Help out at a community event.
- Give your community center a fresh coat of paint.
- Plant or help maintain a community garden.
- Clean up a town landmark.
- Provide babysitting for an adult community event.
- Volunteer to face paint for free at your town’s annual street fair.
- Help organize a parade or other community event.
- Do you think your volunteer experience was a success?
- Would you do it again?
- How could you improve on it?
Congratulations you have earned the Community Volunteer patch! The patch can be purchased from our partner site MakingFriends®.com.
Did completing this Patch Program® give you some ideas for earning the Community Enrichment Advocate patch?
See all our current Volunteer level Patch Program®s:
Related Fun Patch Ideas:
Note: Many of the links provided to assist with completing our Patch Program®s are external and do not imply an endorsement or recommendation. At the time of publication, external content was vetted to the best of our ability. Your views and ideas may vary and we do not intend for you to substitute our opinions for yours. Research the topic thoroughly before beginning a project. As always, make sure children access the internet only under safe-surfing conditions.